- 1. upper berth, upper, berth, bunk, built in bed
- usage: the higher of two berths
- 2. upper, piece of leather
- usage: piece of leather or synthetic material that forms the part of a shoe or boot above the sole that encases the foot; "Uppers come in many styles"
- 3. amphetamine, pep pill, upper, speed, stimulant, stimulant drug, excitant, drug of abuse, street drug
- usage: a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. upper, top(prenominal) (vs. bottom) (vs. side)
- usage: the topmost one of two
- 2. upper, high (vs. low)
- usage: higher in place or position; "the upper bunk"; "in the upper center of the picture"; "the upper stories"
- 3. upper, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: superior in rank or accomplishment; "the upper half of the class"
All rights reserved.
See also: upper (Dictionary)