WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unwritten (vs. written), common-law(predicate)
- usage: based on custom rather than documentation; "an unwritten law"; "rites...so ancient that they well might have had their unwritten origins in Aurignacian times"- J.L.T.C.Spence
- 2. oral, unwritten, spoken (vs. written)
- usage: using speech rather than writing; "an oral tradition"; "an oral agreement"
- 3. ad-lib, spontaneous, unwritten, unscripted (vs. scripted)
- usage: said or done without having been planned or written in advance; "he made a few ad-lib remarks"
All rights reserved.
See also: unwritten (Dictionary)