WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unsound (vs. sound), corroded, decayed, rotten, rotted
- usage: not in good condition; damaged or decayed; "an unsound foundation"
- 2. unsound (vs. sound), bad, risky, high-risk, speculative, long, wildcat, broken, damaged, injured, unfit, unhealthy, unwholesome
- usage: not sound financially; "unsound banking practices"
- 3. fallacious, unsound, invalid (vs. valid)
- usage: containing or based on a fallacy; "fallacious reasoning"; "an unsound argument"
- 4. mentally ill, unsound, unstable, insane (vs. sane)
- usage: suffering from severe mental illness; "of unsound mind"
- 5. bad, unfit, unsound, unhealthy (vs. healthy)
- usage: physically unsound or diseased; "has a bad back"; "a bad heart"; "bad teeth"; "an unsound limb"; "unsound teeth"
- 6. unsound, unreliable (vs. reliable), undependable (vs. dependable)
- usage: of e.g. advice
All rights reserved.
See also: unsound (Dictionary)