WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unsophisticated, unworldly, naive (vs. sophisticated), naif
- usage: not wise in the ways of the world; "either too unsophisticated or too honest to promise more than he could deliver"; "this helplessly unworldly woman"- Kate O'Brien
- 2. uncomplicated, unsophisticated, simple (vs. complex)
- usage: lacking complexity; "small and uncomplicated cars for those really interested in motoring"; "an unsophisticated machine"
- 3. bumpkinly, hick, rustic, unsophisticated, provincial (vs. cosmopolitan)
- usage: awkwardly simple and provincial; "bumpkinly country boys"; "rustic farmers"; "a hick town"; "the nightlife of Montmartre awed the unsophisticated tourists"
All rights reserved.
See also: unsophisticated (Dictionary)