WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unnatural (vs. natural), violent, affected, paranormal, supernatural
- usage: not in accordance with or determined by nature; contrary to nature; "an unnatural death"; "the child's unnatural interest in death"
- 2. abnormal (vs. normal), unnatural, aberrant, deviant, deviate, anomalous, antidromic, atypical, irregular, brachydactylic, brachydactylous, defective, freakish, kinky, perverted, subnormal, supernormal, vicarious, insane
- usage: not normal; not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm; "abnormal powers of concentration"; "abnormal amounts of rain"; "abnormal circumstances"; "an abnormal interest in food"
- 3. affected (vs. unaffected), unnatural, agonistic, strained, artificial, contrived, hokey, stilted, constrained, forced, strained, elocutionary, mannered, plummy, studied
- usage: speaking or behaving in an artificial way to make an impression
All rights reserved.
See also: unnatural (Dictionary)