WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm, natural object
- usage: everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
- 2. population, universe, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: (statistics) the entire aggregation of items from which samples can be drawn; "it is an estimate of the mean of the population"
- 3. universe, universe of discourse, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: everything stated or assumed in a given discussion
All rights reserved.
See also: universe (Dictionary)