WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. uneven (vs. even), crinkled, crinkly, rippled, wavy, wavelike, curly-grained, cross-grained, wavy-grained, irregular, jagged, jaggy, scraggy, lumpy, out of true, untrue, patchy, pebble-grained, ragged, unparallel, rough#1, unsmooth, unsteady
- usage: not even or uniform as e.g. in shape or texture; "an uneven color"; "uneven ground"; "uneven margins"; "wood with an uneven grain"
- 2. mismatched, uneven, unequal (vs. equal)
- usage: (of a contest or contestants) not fairly matched as opponents; "vaudeville...waged an uneven battle against the church"
- 3. odd (vs. even), uneven
- usage: not divisible by two
- 4. uneven, unsteady (vs. steady)
- usage: variable and recurring at irregular intervals ; "an uneven gait"; "uneven spacing"
- 5. spotty, uneven, scratchy, inconsistent (vs. consistent)
- usage: lacking consistency; "the golfer hit the ball well but his putting was spotty"
All rights reserved.
See also: uneven (Dictionary)