Synonyms of uneasy
- 1. uneasy (vs. easy), apprehensive, worried, precarious, unstable, tense, uncomfortable, unquiet
- usage: lacking a sense of security or affording no ease or reassurance; "farmers were uneasy until rain finally came"; "uneasy about his health"; "gave an uneasy laugh"; "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown"; "an uneasy coalition government"; "an uneasy calm"; "an uneasy silence fell on the group"
- 2. restless (vs. restful), uneasy
- usage: lacking or not affording physical or mental rest; "a restless night"; "she fell into an uneasy sleep"
- 3. anxious, nervous, queasy, uneasy, unquiet, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: causing or fraught with or showing anxiety; "spent an anxious night waiting for the test results"; "cast anxious glances behind her"; "those nervous moments before takeoff"; "an unquiet mind"
- 4. awkward, ill at ease(predicate), uneasy, uncomfortable (vs. comfortable)
- usage: socially uncomfortable; unsure and constrained in manner; "awkward and reserved at parties"; "ill at ease among eddies of people he didn't know"; "was always uneasy with strangers"
- 5. uneasy, uncomfortable (vs. comfortable)
- usage: relating to bodily unease that causes discomfort
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of uneasy (Dictionary)