- 1. ultimate, quality
- usage: the finest or most superior quality of its kind; "the ultimate in luxury"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ultimate (vs. proximate), crowning(prenominal), eventual(prenominal), final, last, net, last-ditch, supreme
- usage: furthest or highest in degree or order; utmost or extreme; "the ultimate achievement"; "the ultimate question"; "man's ultimate destiny"; "the ultimate insult"; "one's ultimate goal in life"
- 2. ultimate, last (vs. first)
- usage: being the last or concluding element of a series; "the ultimate sonata of that opus"; "a distinction between the verb and noun senses of `conflict' is that in the verb the stress is on the ultimate (or last) syllable"
All rights reserved.
See also: ultimate (Dictionary)