- 1. pang, stab, twinge, feeling
- usage: a sudden sharp feeling; "pangs of regret"; "she felt a stab of excitement"; "twinges of conscience"
- 2. twinge, pain, pain sensation, painful sensation
- usage: a sharp stab of pain
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prick, sting, twinge, hurt, ache, suffer
- usage: cause a stinging pain; "The needle pricked his skin"
- 2. twinge, hurt, ache, suffer
- usage: feel a sudden sharp, local pain
- 3. pinch, squeeze, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch, grip
- usage: squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
All rights reserved.
See also: twinge (Dictionary)