Synonyms of travail
- 1. parturiency, labor, labour, confinement, lying-in, travail, childbed, parturition, birth, giving birth, birthing
- usage: concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of contractions to the birth of a child; "she was in labor for six hours"
- 2. effort, elbow grease, exertion, travail, sweat, labor, labour, toil
- usage: use of physical or mental energy; hard work; "he got an A for effort"; "they managed only with great exertion"
- 1. labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil, work, do work
- usage: work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of travail (Dictionary)