WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transgression, evildoing, wrongdoing, wrongful conduct, misconduct, actus reus
- usage: the act of transgressing; the violation of a law or a duty or moral principle; "the boy was punished for the transgressions of his father"
- 2. transgression, geological phenomenon
- usage: the spreading of the sea over land as evidenced by the deposition of marine strata over terrestrial strata
- 3. transgression, action
- usage: the action of going beyond or overstepping some boundary or limit
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of transgression (Dictionary)