WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transference, displacement
- usage: (psychoanalysis) the process whereby emotions are passed on or displaced from one person to another; during psychoanalysis the displacement of feelings toward others (usually the parents) is onto the analyst
- 2. transfer, transference, transaction, dealing, dealings
- usage: transferring ownership
- 3. transfer, transference, change of state
- usage: the act of transfering something from one form to another; "the transfer of the music from record to tape suppressed much of the background noise"
All rights reserved.
See also: transference (Dictionary)