WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tomatillo, miltomate, purple ground cherry, jamberry, Physalis philadelphica, ground cherry, husk tomato
- usage: Mexican annual naturalized in eastern North America having yellow to purple edible fruit resembling small tomatoes
- 2. tomatillo, jamberry, Mexican husk tomato, Physalis ixocarpa, ground cherry, husk tomato
- usage: annual of Mexico and southern United States having edible purplish viscid fruit resembling small tomatoes
- 3. tomatillo, husk tomato, Mexican husk tomato, solanaceous vegetable
- usage: small edible yellow to purple tomato-like fruit enclosed in a bladderlike husk
All rights reserved.
See also: tomatillo (Dictionary)