Synonyms of tolerant
- 1. tolerant (vs. intolerant), unbigoted, charitable, patient
- usage: showing respect for the rights or opinions or practices of others
- 2. kind, tolerant, forgiving (vs. unforgiving)
- usage: tolerant and forgiving under provocation; "our neighbor was very kind about the window our son broke"
- 3. broad, large-minded, liberal, tolerant, broad-minded (vs. narrow-minded)
- usage: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies"; "a liberal newspaper"; "tolerant of his opponent's opinions"
- 4. tolerant, resistant, tolerable (vs. intolerable)
- usage: able to tolerate environmental conditions or physiological stress; "the plant is tolerant of saltwater"; "these fish are quite tolerant as long as extremes of pH are avoided"; "the new hybrid is more resistant to drought"
- 5. tolerant, patient of, patient (vs. impatient)
- usage: showing the capacity for endurance; "injustice can make us tolerant and forgiving"; "a man patient of distractions"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tolerant (Dictionary)