WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tolerance, endurance
- usage: the power or capacity of an organism to tolerate unfavorable environmental conditions
- 2. permissiveness, tolerance, disposition, temperament
- usage: a disposition to allow freedom of choice and behavior
- 3. tolerance, allowance
- usage: the act of tolerating something
- 4. tolerance, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others
- 5. allowance, leeway, margin, tolerance, discrepancy, disagreement, divergence, variance
- usage: a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
All rights reserved.
See also: tolerance (Dictionary)