- 1. tide, periodic event, recurrent event
- usage: the periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon
- 2. tide, variation, fluctuation
- usage: something that may increase or decrease (like the tides of the sea); "a rising tide of popular interest"
- 3. tide, lunar time period, time period, period of time, period
- usage: there are usually two high and two low tides each day
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tide, surge, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: rise or move forward; "surging waves"
- 2. tide, float
- usage: cause to float with the tide
- 3. tide, float, drift, be adrift, blow
- usage: be carried with the tide
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tide (Dictionary)