WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. theology, divinity, discipline, subject, subject area, subject field, field, field of study, study, bailiwick
- usage: the rational and systematic study of religion and its influences and of the nature of religious truth
- 2. theology, theological system, system, system of rules
- usage: a particular system or school of religious beliefs and teachings; "Jewish theology"; "Roman Catholic theology"
- 3. theology, learned profession
- usage: the learned profession acquired by specialized courses in religion (usually taught at a college or seminary); "he studied theology at Oxford"
All rights reserved.
See also: theology (Dictionary)