- 1. prostitute, cocotte, whore, harlot, bawd, tart, cyprian, fancy woman, working girl, sporting lady, lady of pleasure, woman of the street, woman, adult female
- usage: a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money
- 2. tart, pie
- usage: a small open pie with a fruit filling
- 3. tart, pastry
- usage: a pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lemony, lemonlike, sourish, tangy, tart, sour (vs. sweet)
- usage: tasting sour like a lemon
- 2. sharp, sharp-worded, tart, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: harsh; "sharp criticism"; "a sharp-worded exchange"; "a tart remark"
All rights reserved.
See also: tart (Dictionary)