- 1. taper, convex shape, convexity
- usage: a convex shape that narrows toward a point
- 2. taper, narrowing
- usage: the property possessed by a shape that narrows toward a point (as a wedge or cone)
- 3. wick, taper, cord
- usage: a loosely woven cord (in a candle or oil lamp) that draws fuel by capillary action up into the flame
- 4. candle, taper, wax light, lamp
- usage: stick of wax with a wick in the middle
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. taper, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: diminish gradually; "Interested tapered off"
- 2. sharpen, taper, point, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: give a point to; "The candles are tapered"
All rights reserved.
See also: taper (Dictionary)