Synonyms of tail
- 1. tail, process, outgrowth, appendage
- usage: the posterior part of the body of a vertebrate especially when elongated and extending beyond the trunk or main part of the body
- 2. fag end, tail, tail end, end, ending
- usage: the time of the last part of something; "the fag end of this crisis-ridden century"; "the tail of the storm"
- 3. tail, tail end, projection
- usage: any projection that resembles the tail of an animal
- 4. buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass, body part
- usage: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- 5. tail, shadow, shadower, follower, spy
- usage: a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements
- 6. tail, reverse, verso
- usage: (usually plural) the reverse side of a coin that does not bear the representation of a person's head
- 7. tail, tail assembly, empennage, rear, back
- usage: the rear part of an aircraft
- 8. stern, after part, quarter, poop, tail, rear, back
- usage: the rear part of a ship
- 1. chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track, pursue, follow
- usage: go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
- 2. dock, tail, bob, cut
- usage: remove or shorten the tail of an animal
- 3. tail, top, pinch
- usage: remove the stalk of fruits or berries
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tail (Dictionary)