Synonyms of tackle
- 1. tackle, lineman
- usage: the person who plays that position on a football team; "the right tackle is a straight A student"
- 2. rigging, tackle, gear, paraphernalia, appurtenance
- usage: gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
- 3. fishing gear, tackle, fishing tackle, fishing rig, rig, gear, paraphernalia, appurtenance
- usage: gear used in fishing
- 4. tackle, lineman
- usage: (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage; "it takes a big man to play tackle"
- 5. tackle, football play
- usage: (American football) grasping an opposing player with the intention of stopping by throwing to the ground
- 1. undertake, tackle, take on, confront, face up, face
- usage: accept as a challenge; "I'll tackle this difficult task"
- 2. harness, tackle, attach
- usage: put a harness; "harness the horse"
- 3. tackle, attack, aggress
- usage: seize and throw down an opponent player, who usually carries the ball
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tackle (Dictionary)