WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Syracuse
- usage: a city in central New York
- 2. Syracuse, Siracusa
- usage: a city in southeastern Sicily that was founded by Corinthians in the 8th century BC
- 3. Syracuse, siege of Syracuse
- usage: the Roman siege of Syracuse (214-212 BC) was eventually won by the Romans who sacked the city (killing Archimedes)
- 4. Syracuse, siege of Syracuse
- usage: the Athenian siege of Syracuse (415-413 BC) was eventually won by Syracuse
All rights reserved.
See also: syracuse (Dictionary)