- 1. siphon, syphon, tube, tubing
- usage: a tube running from the liquid in a vessel to a lower level outside the vessel so that atmospheric pressure forces the liquid through the tube
- 2. siphon, syphon, organ
- usage: a tubular organ in an aquatic animal (especially in mollusks) through which water can be taken in or expelled
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. siphon, syphon, siphon off, draw, take out
- usage: convey, draw off, or empty by or as if by a siphon
All rights reserved.
See also: syphon (Dictionary)