WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. synthesis, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: the process of producing a chemical compound (usually by the union of simpler chemical compounds)
- 2. synthesis, synthetic thinking, reasoning, logical thinking, abstract thought
- usage: the combination of ideas into a complex whole
- 3. deduction, deductive reasoning, synthesis, reasoning, logical thinking, abstract thought
- usage: reasoning from the general to the particular (or from cause to effect)
All rights reserved.
See also: synthesis (Dictionary)