WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sycamore, lacewood, wood
- usage: variably colored and sometimes variegated hard tough elastic wood of a sycamore tree
- 2. plane tree, sycamore, platan, tree
- usage: any of several trees of the genus Platanus having thin pale bark that scales off in small plates and lobed leaves and ball-shaped heads of fruits
- 3. sycamore, great maple, scottish maple, Acer pseudoplatanus, maple
- usage: Eurasian maple tree with pale grey bark that peels in flakes like that of a sycamore tree; leaves with five ovate lobes yellow in autumn
- 4. sycamore, sycamore fig, mulberry fig, Ficus sycomorus, fig tree
- usage: thick-branched wide-spreading tree of Africa and adjacent southwestern Asia often buttressed with branches rising from near the ground; produces cluster of edible but inferior figs on short leafless twigs; the biblical sycamore
All rights reserved.
See also: sycamore (Dictionary)