Synonyms of swamp
- 1. swamp, swampland, wetland
- usage: low land that is seasonally flooded; has more woody plants than a marsh and better drainage than a bog
- 2. swamp, situation
- usage: a situation fraught with difficulties and imponderables; "he was trapped in a medical swamp"
- 1. swamp, drench, flood
- usage: drench or submerge or be drenched or submerged; "The tsunami swamped every boat in the harbor"
- 2. deluge, flood, inundate, swamp, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid; "the basement was inundated after the storm"; "The images flooded his mind"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of swamp (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.