WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. polished, refined, svelte, urbane, sophisticated (vs. naive)
- usage: showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience; "his polished manner"; "maintained an urbane tone in his letters"
- 2. lissome, lissom, lithe, lithesome, slender, supple, svelte, sylphlike, graceful (vs. awkward)
- usage: moving and bending with ease
- 3. slender, slight, slim, svelte, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: being of delicate or slender build; "she was slender as a willow shoot is slender"- Frank Norris; "a slim girl with straight blonde hair"; "watched her slight figure cross the street"
All rights reserved.
See also: svelte (Dictionary)