WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. suspend, hang, hang up
- usage: hang freely; "The secret police suspended their victims from the ceiling and beat them"
- 2. suspend, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to be held in suspension in a fluid; "suspend the particles"
- 3. suspend, debar, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: bar temporarily; from school, office, etc.
- 4. freeze, suspend, interrupt, break
- usage: stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it; "Suspend the aid to the war-torn country"
- 5. suspend, set aside, change, alter, modify
- usage: make inoperative or stop; "suspend payments on the loan"
- 6. suspend, postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off
- usage: render temporarily ineffective; "the prison sentence was suspended"
All rights reserved.
See also: suspend (Dictionary)