- 1. surveying, measurement, measuring, measure, mensuration
- usage: the practice of measuring angles and distances on the ground so that they can be accurately plotted on a map; "he studied surveying at college"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. survey, appraise, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: consider in a comprehensive way; "He appraised the situation carefully before acting"
- 2. survey, examine, see
- usage: look over carefully or inspect; "He surveyed his new classmates"
- 3. surveil, follow, survey
- usage: keep under surveillance; "The police had been following him for weeks but they could not prove his involvement in the bombing"
- 4. review, go over, survey, inspect
- usage: hold a review (of troops)
- 5. survey, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: make a survey of; for statistical purposes
- 6. survey, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: plot a map of (land)
All rights reserved.
See also: surveying (Dictionary)