- 1. surprise, astonishment, amazement
- usage: the astonishment you feel when something totally unexpected happens to you
- 2. surprise, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a sudden unexpected event
- 3. surprise, surprisal, disruption, perturbation
- usage: the act of surprising someone
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. surprise, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: cause to be surprised; "The news really surprised me"
- 2. surprise, act, move
- usage: come upon or take unawares; "She surprised the couple"; "He surprised an interesting scene"
- 3. storm, surprise, attack, assail
- usage: attack by storm; attack suddenly
All rights reserved.
See also: surprise (Dictionary)