WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invocation, supplication, prayer, petition, orison
- usage: a prayer asking God's help as part of a religious service
- 2. supplication, plea, entreaty, prayer, appeal
- usage: a humble request for help from someone in authority
- 3. prayer, supplication, worship
- usage: the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving); "the priest sank to his knees in prayer"
All rights reserved.
See also: supplication (Dictionary)