- 1. superannuate, retire
- usage: retire and pension (someone) because of age or physical inability
- 2. superannuate, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: declare to be obsolete
- 3. superannuate, change
- usage: become obsolete
- 4. superannuate, retire
- usage: retire or become ineligible because of old age or infirmity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overage, overaged, superannuated, over-the-hill, old (vs. young)
- usage: too old to be useful; "He left the house...for the support of twelve superannuated wool carders"- Anthony Trollope
- 2. outdated, out-of-date, superannuated, noncurrent (vs. current)
- usage: old; no longer valid or fashionable; "obsolete words"; "an obsolete locomotive"; "outdated equipment"; "superannuated laws"; "out-of-date ideas"
All rights reserved.
See also: superannuated (Dictionary)