Synonyms of sunken
- 1. sink, drop, drop down, change posture
- usage: fall or descend to a lower place or level; "He sank to his knees"
- 2. sink, move, displace
- usage: cause to sink; "The Japanese sank American ships in Pearl Harbor"
- 3. sink, pass, lapse, move
- usage: pass into a specified state or condition; "He sank into nirvana"
- 4. sink, settle, go down, go under, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
- 5. sink, subside, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: descend into or as if into some soft substance or place; "He sank into bed"; "She subsided into the chair"
- 6. dip, sink, decline
- usage: appear to move downward; "The sun dipped below the horizon"; "The setting sun sank below the tree line"
- 7. slump, fall off, sink, drop
- usage: fall heavily or suddenly; decline markedly; "The real estate market fell off"
- 8. slump, slide down, sink, collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder
- usage: fall or sink heavily; "He slumped onto the couch"; "My spirits sank"
- 9. bury, sink, implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant
- usage: embed deeply; "She sank her fingers into the soft sand"; "He buried his head in her lap"
- 1. deep-set, sunken, recessed, hollow (vs. solid)
- usage: having a sunken area; "hunger gave their faces a sunken look"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sunken (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.