WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. submerge, submerse, sink, settle, go down, go under
- usage: sink below the surface; go under or as if under water
- 2. submerge, drown, overwhelm, cover, spread over
- usage: cover completely or make imperceptible; "I was drowned in work"; "The noise drowned out her speech"
- 3. submerge, submerse, immerse, plunge
- usage: put under water; "submerge your head completely"
- 4. inundate, deluge, submerge, flood
- usage: fill or cover completely, usually with water
All rights reserved.
See also: submerge (Dictionary)