WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. subdivision, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: an area composed of subdivided lots
- 2. subdivision, division, partition, partitioning, segmentation, sectionalization, sectionalisation
- usage: the act of subdividing; division of something previously divided
- 3. branch, subdivision, arm, division
- usage: a division of some larger or more complex organization; "a branch of Congress"; "botany is a branch of biology"; "the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages"
- 4. section, subdivision, writing, written material, piece of writing, music
- usage: a self-contained part of a larger composition (written or musical); "he always turns first to the business section"; "the history of this work is discussed in the next section"
- 5. subsection, subdivision, section, segment
- usage: a section of a section; a part of a part; i.e., a part of something already divided
All rights reserved.
See also: subdivision (Dictionary)