- 1. bite, sting, burn, ache, smart, hurt
- usage: cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort; "The sun burned his face"
- 2. sting, bite, prick, pierce
- usage: deliver a sting to; "A bee stung my arm yesterday"
- 3. stick, sting, force, thrust
- usage: saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous; "They stuck me with the dinner bill"; "I was stung with a huge tax bill"
- 4. prick, sting, twinge, hurt, ache, suffer
- usage: cause a stinging pain; "The needle pricked his skin"
- 5. sting, hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite
- usage: cause an emotional pain, as if by stinging; "His remark stung her"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. annoyed, irritated, miffed, nettled, peeved, pissed, pissed off, riled, roiled, steamed, stung, displeased (vs. pleased)
- usage: aroused to impatience or anger; "made an irritated gesture"; "feeling nettled from the constant teasing"; "peeved about being left out"; "felt really pissed at her snootiness"; "riled no end by his lies"; "roiled by the delay"
All rights reserved.
See also: stung (Dictionary)