- 1. stuffing, dressing, concoction, mixture, intermixture
- usage: a mixture of seasoned ingredients used to stuff meats and vegetables
- 2. stuffing, padding, cushioning
- usage: padding put in mattresses and cushions and upholstered furniture
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stuff, cram
- usage: cram into a cavity; "The child stuffed candy into his pockets"
- 2. thrust, stuff, shove, squeeze, push, force
- usage: press or force; "Stuff money into an envelope"; "She thrust the letter into his hand"
- 3. stuff, lug, choke up, block, clog, choke off, clog up, back up, congest, choke, foul
- usage: obstruct; "My nose is all stuffed"; "Her arteries are blocked"
- 4. gorge, ingurgitate, overindulge, glut, englut, stuff, engorge, overgorge, overeat, gormandize, gormandise, gourmandize, binge, pig out, satiate, scarf out, eat
- usage: overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself; "She stuffed herself at the dinner"; "The kids binged on ice cream"
- 5. stuff, impregnate, saturate
- usage: treat with grease, fill, and prepare for mounting; "stuff a bearskin"
- 6. stuff, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill tightly with a material; "stuff a pillow with feathers"
- 7. farce, stuff, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill with a stuffing while cooking; "Have you stuffed the turkey yet?"
All rights reserved.
See also: stuffing (Dictionary)