WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. striper, serviceman, military man, man, military personnel
- usage: a serviceman who wears stripes on the uniform to indicate rank or years of service; "he's a four-striper"
- 2. striped bass, striper, sea bass, bass
- usage: caught along the Atlantic coast of the United States
- 3. striped bass, striper, Roccus saxatilis, rockfish, sea bass
- usage: marine food and game fish with dark longitudinal stripes; migrates upriver to spawn; sometimes placed in the genus Morone
All rights reserved.
See also: striper (Dictionary)