WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rigorous, strict, exact (vs. inexact)
- usage: rigidly accurate; allowing no deviation from a standard; "rigorous application of the law"; "a strict vegetarian"
- 2. hard-and-fast, strict, invariable (vs. variable)
- usage: (of rules) stringently enforced; "hard-and-fast rules"
- 3. nonindulgent (vs. indulgent), strict, austere, stern, blue(prenominal), puritanic, puritanical, corrective, disciplinary, disciplinal, monkish, renunciant, renunciative, self-abnegating, self-denying, self-disciplined, self-restraining, severe, spartan, abstemious
- usage: characterized by strictness, severity, or restraint
- 4. rigid, strict, intolerant (vs. tolerant)
- usage: incapable of compromise or flexibility
- 5. stern, strict, exacting, demanding (vs. undemanding)
- usage: severe and unremitting in making demands; "an exacting instructor"; "a stern disciplinarian"; "strict standards"
All rights reserved.
See also: strict (Dictionary)