Synonyms of stretched
- 1. stretch, stretch along, be
- usage: occupy a large, elongated area; "The park stretched beneath the train line"
- 2. stretch, extend, tense, strain, tense up
- usage: extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body; "Stretch your legs!"; "Extend your right arm above your head"
- 3. unfold, stretch, stretch out, extend, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length; "Unfold the newspaper"; "stretch out that piece of cloth"; "extend the TV antenna"
- 4. stretch, grow
- usage: become longer by being stretched and pulled; "The fabric stretches"
- 5. elongate, stretch, lengthen
- usage: make long or longer by pulling and stretching; "stretch the fabric"
- 6. stretch, stretch out, lie down, lie
- usage: lie down comfortably; "To enjoy the picnic, we stretched out on the grass"
- 7. stretch, pull, draw, force
- usage: pull in opposite directions; "During the Inquisition, the torturers would stretch their victims on a rack"
- 8. stretch, widen, broaden, extend
- usage: extend the scope or meaning of; often unduly; "Stretch the limits"; "stretch my patience"; "stretch the imagination"
- 9. load, adulterate, stretch, dilute, debase, corrupt, spoil
- usage: corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones; "adulterate liquor"
- 10. extend, stretch, increase
- usage: increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance; "stretch the soup by adding some more cream"; "extend the casserole with a little rice"
- 11. stretch, stretch out, move
- usage: extend one's body or limbs; "Let's stretch for a minute--we've been sitting here for over 3 hours"
- 1. stretched, flexible (vs. inflexible), flexile
- usage: (of muscles) relieved of stiffness by stretching; "well-stretched muscles are less susceptible to injury"
- 2. stretched, extended (vs. unextended)
- usage: extended or spread over a wide area or distance; "broad fields lay stretched on both sides of us"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.