WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. strangle, strangulate, throttle, kill
- usage: kill by squeezing the throat of so as to cut off the air; "he tried to strangle his opponent"; "A man in Boston has been strangling several dozen prostitutes"
- 2. strangulate, compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press
- usage: constrict a hollow organ or vessel so as to stop the flow of blood or air
- 3. strangulate, constrict, constringe, narrow
- usage: become constricted; "The hernia will strangulate"
All rights reserved.
See also: strangulate (Dictionary)