Synonyms of stood
- 1. stand, stand up, rest
- usage: be standing; be upright; "We had to stand for the entire performance!"
- 2. stand, be
- usage: be in some specified state or condition; "I stand corrected"
- 3. stand, be
- usage: occupy a place or location, also metaphorically; "We stand on common ground"
- 4. stand, remain firm, resist, hold out, withstand, stand firm
- usage: hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright; "I am standing my ground and won't give in!"
- 5. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- 6. stand, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: have or maintain a position or stand on an issue; "Where do you stand on the War?"
- 7. stand, stay, remain, rest
- usage: remain inactive or immobile; "standing water"
- 8. stand, continue
- usage: be in effect; be or remain in force; "The law stands!"
- 9. stand, measure
- usage: be tall; have a height of; copula; "She stands 6 feet tall"
- 10. stand, stand up, place upright, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put into an upright position; "Can you stand the bookshelf up?"
- 11. resist, stand, fend, fight, oppose, fight back, fight down, defend
- usage: withstand the force of something; "The trees resisted her"; "stand the test of time"; "The mountain climbers had to fend against the ice and snow"
- 12. stand, serve, service
- usage: be available for stud services; "male domestic animals such as stallions serve selected females"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stood (Dictionary)