Synonyms of stony
- 1. rocky, bouldery, bouldered, stony, rough (vs. smooth), unsmooth
- usage: abounding in rocks or stones; "rocky fields"; "stony ground"; "bouldery beaches"
- 2. flinty, flint, granitic, obdurate, stony, hardhearted (vs. softhearted), heartless
- usage: showing unfeeling resistance to tender feelings; "his flinty gaze"; "the child's misery would move even the most obdurate heart"
- 3. granitic, granitelike, rocklike, stony, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: hard as granite; "a granitic fist"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stony (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.