- 1. stonewalling, stall, stalling
- usage: stalling or delaying especially by refusing to answer questions or cooperate
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stonewall, obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass
- usage: obstruct or hinder any discussion; "Nixon stonewalled the Watergate investigation"; "When she doesn't like to face a problem, she simply stonewalls"
- 2. stonewall, delay, detain, hold up
- usage: engage in delaying tactics or refuse to cooperate; "The President stonewalled when he realized the plot was being uncovered by a journalist"
All rights reserved.
See also: stonewalling (Dictionary)