- 1. stretch, stint, duration, continuance
- usage: an unbroken period of time during which you do something; "there were stretches of boredom"; "he did a stretch in the federal penitentiary"
- 2. least sandpiper, stint, Erolia minutilla, sandpiper
- usage: smallest American sandpiper
- 3. stint, job, task, chore
- usage: an individual's prescribed share of work; "her stint as a lifeguard exhausted her"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scrimp, stint, skimp, save
- usage: subsist on a meager allowance; "scratch and scrimp"
- 2. stint, skimp, scant, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply sparingly and with restricted quantities; "sting with the allowance"
All rights reserved.
See also: stint (Dictionary)