WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stigma, reproductive structure
- usage: the apical end of the style where deposited pollen enters the pistil
- 2. mark, stigma, brand, stain, symbol
- usage: a symbol of disgrace or infamy; "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"--Genesis
- 3. stigma, spiracle
- usage: an external tracheal aperture in a terrestrial arthropod
- 4. stigma, blemish, defect, mar
- usage: a skin lesion that is a diagnostic sign of some disease
All rights reserved.
See also: stigma (Dictionary)