- 1. larceny, theft, thievery, thieving, stealing, felony
- usage: the act of taking something from someone unlawfully; "the thieving is awful at Kennedy International"
- 2. stealth, stealing, concealment, concealing, hiding
- usage: avoiding detection by moving carefully
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. steal, take
- usage: take without the owner's consent; "Someone stole my wallet on the train"; "This author stole entire paragraphs from my dissertation"
- 2. steal, slip, move
- usage: move stealthily; "The ship slipped away in the darkness"
- 3. steal, gain, advance, win, pull ahead, make headway, get ahead, gain ground
- usage: steal a base
All rights reserved.
See also: stealing (Dictionary)