- 1. star, celestial body, heavenly body
- usage: (astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior
- 2. ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz, expert
- usage: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- 3. star, celestial body, heavenly body
- usage: any celestial body visible (as a point of light) from the Earth at night
- 4. star, principal, lead, actor, histrion, player, thespian, role player
- usage: an actor who plays a principal role
- 5. star, plane figure, two-dimensional figure
- usage: a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem
- 6. headliner, star, performer, performing artist
- usage: a performer who receives prominent billing
- 7. asterisk, star, character, grapheme, graphic symbol
- usage: a star-shaped character * used in printing
- 8. star topology, star, topology, network topology
- usage: the topology of a network whose components are connected to a hub
- 1. star, have, feature
- usage: feature as the star; "The movie stars Dustin Hoffman as an autistic man"
- 2. star, perform, execute, do
- usage: be the star in a performance
- 3. star, asterisk, mark
- usage: mark with an asterisk; "Linguists star unacceptable sentences"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. leading(predicate), prima(predicate), star(predicate), starring(predicate), stellar(prenominal), major (vs. minor)
- usage: indicating the most important performer or role; "the leading man"; "prima ballerina"; "prima donna"; "a star figure skater"; "the starring role"; "a stellar role"; "a stellar performance"
All rights reserved.
See also: star (Dictionary)