WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. squill, bulb
- usage: bulb of the sea squill, which is sliced, dried, and used as an expectorant
- 2. sea squill, sea onion, squill, Urginea maritima, liliaceous plant
- usage: having dense spikes of small white flowers and yielding a bulb with medicinal properties
- 3. scilla, squill, liliaceous plant
- usage: an Old World plant of the genus Scilla having narrow basal leaves and pink or blue or white racemose flowers
All rights reserved.
See also: squill (Dictionary)